Sunday 7 November 2010

No News Is Good News Amendments.

Using the percentage sign



I must say that I feel using the percentage sign has aided my poster's ability to be memorable as it now clear that this is a statistic. However, due to there being no type with it and the type's positioning, people could read this as 06 rather than 90; thus making the context of the type unclear.


I also adapted this poster to use the percentage sign; I think it is a lot clearer that it is a fact being communicated. Despite this, I think the text beneath will need to be repositioned in order for this poster to work effectively...



British Colour Scheme

I was very partial to this suggestion, however, put into practice it no longer meets the brief because in order for me to keep the double vision idea it requires 3 colours plus stock.

As a result of the previous manipulation being unsuccessful, I tried the poster design without the double vision idea. Personally, I think it looks too plain in this state and needs a little more to it in order to give it depth.


I do like this version of my poster. However, I'm not too sure the double layered text works at the bottom. Also, I prefer the pink colour scheme which focuses on the female element of my statement.


Making the 90 Stand Out


I actually really like this amendment, as the percent is now visible. Nevertheless, this now is not as memorable as using the percentage sign within the poster design.





I think the separation of the 90 and 'Percent' most certainly helps the 90 stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment