Thursday 4 November 2010

No News is Good News.

 Poster One

   
       
Here I was considering the use of upper case or lower case text.



I then experimented with background colour. However, I found the black a little to dark so tested using a grey instead.


Although I like the background colouring of this one, I don't think it works very well with the two layered text at the bottom.


I really like this version too, however, i'm not sure the type at the bottom will be readable.



When I began creating the second layer of the type, it positioned itself in front of the pink layer. I quite liked this look, so decided to try and work with it.




I experimented with using a double layer on the larger font. However, due to it's size, I think the outcome looks more like a shadow that it does a double layer.


I thought that changing the position of the grey layer of type may adjust the overall image of the type.
No such luck!

I think this works well. I have purposely not double layered the horizontal typeface in order to allow a direct contrast to be seen; making a higher impact on the reader.


Poster Two
I took a standard woman icon figure and incorporated a wine glass into it; this figure will be used to represent the drinkers of the female population.


I roughly lined the figures up, then used the alignment tools in Illustrator to space them evenly. This line was copied and pasted to fill my workspace.




I calculated that there are 42 figures. 90% of this is 37, therefore 5 figures will not have a wine glass next to them.



To make this difference to noticeable i have also chosen to colour them grey.



I experimented with using different colours within the image to see the different impacts each one gives.




Instead of just manipulating the background colour, I  decided to change the colouring of the figures themselves. I used pink as it is a universal representation of the female.



In the same way that I did with the text, I have made all the figures which are representing a drinking female double layered.


Poster Three


Here, I have combined both the text and image poster to create my third poster keeping all the element the same, just using less figures. However, I  further need to play around with the layout of this.


I am not happy with this layout.


I like this one! I have rotated the type around to allow the figures to be in a space of their own. I think it has worked a lot better than when I attempted to keep the type horizontal.

No comments:

Post a Comment